FM-200 Fire Suppression systems also known as HFC227ea is basically a fire protection system that discharges in to the potential risk within just 10 seconds and suppresses the fire immediately. Since its discovery, it is accepted and respected worldwide due to its remarkable work of protecting some of the most irreplaceable and critical assets around the world. Unlike other ordinary fire suppressants, which usually cause more harm than the benefits they provide, FM-200 Fire Suppression systems have been well designed hence it is capable of stopping fire in its tracks at a very fast rate. FM-200 systems is a very environmentally responsible solution to fire suppression considering the potential devastating effects of uncontrolled fire.
HOW FM -200 WORKS.
Most people have a common misconception about FM-200. They think that this device reduces oxygen when it is being used and that is not true. FM-200 is a chemical/synthetical fire suppressant gas that usually extinguishes fire by removing heat elements or free radicals from fire. Typical concentration of FM-20 system normally ranges between 7.9 % to 8.5 % . This concentration is usually determined by the type of risk that is being protected and also by the Original Equipment Manufactures (OEM) and the ISO14520 standards applicable for fire suppression systems. It normally extinguishes fire largely through absorption and chemical reaction. FM-200 is non corrosive, electrically non conductive and in addition, it does not leave any oily deposits or residue .When FM-200 is complimented with a post discharge extract system, it keeps clean-up time to a minimum.
FEATURES OF FM-200
- Odourless, colourless, gaseous fire protection
- Requires small storage area.
- Ozone depleting potential is zero.
- Suitable to be used in critical risk areas.
- Safe to be used in occupied areas.
- Proven to work by thousands of worldwide installation.
- Can be used on class A and B fires.
WHERE TO USE FM-200
- Data centres and computer suites
- Gas turbines enclosure
- Power generation
- Data storage archive and museums
- Telecommunication enclosures.
ADVANTAGES OF FM-200 FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS.
- The main advantage of using FM -200 fire suppression system is that, only a small agent is required to suppress fire. This means that few cylinders will be required hence more space will be saved because it uses less space.
- It is capable of reaching extinguishing levels in as fast as 10 second or even less thus stopping combustible, flammable liquid and electrical fires before they cause any significant damage. It extinguishes fire quickly and that means that there would be less damage and lower repair costs.
- It is easy to refill FM -200 and it is also cost effective.
- FM -200 does not have any negative impact on the environment. It has been proven to be environmental friendly through out its period of use by thousands of people around the world.